Stellenbosch Municipal Planning By-law
Stellenbosch Municipal Planning By-law comes into operation on 1 December 2015. This by-law will replace the Land Use Planning Ordinance, No 15 of 1985 (LUPO) and laws such as the Removal of Restrictions Act No 84 of 1967 (ROR).
The by-law will give effect to the municipal planning function allocated to municipalities in terms of Part B of Schedule 4 of the Constitution. It also gives effect to certain requirements set in the Spatial Planning and Land Use Management Act (SPLUMA) and the Western Cape Land Use Planning Act (LUPA), both of which come into operation on 1 December 2015.
LUPO has been repealed and replaced by the Stellenbosch Municipal Planning Bylaw from 1 December 2015.
Important Notice: Applications submitted prior to 1 December 2015 will still be processed in terms of the Land Use Planning Ordinance (Ordinance 15 of 1985) under which they were submitted.
All land use planning applications are made thus in terms of the By-law from 1 December 2015.
- SPLUMA Act 16 of 2013
- SPLUMA Regulations
- LUPA No 3 of 2014
- LUPA Regulations
- Stellenbosch Municipal Planning By-Law, 2015
- Proclamation - Commencement of the Western Cape Land Use Planning Act
- Municipal Land Use application form 2016 v5
- Land Use Application Submission and Protocol
- Municipal Land Development Application Workflow
- ROR – Addendum 1
- Subdivision – Addendum 2
- Consolidation of Land Units – Addendum 3
- Closure of Public Places – Addendum 4
- Minimum requirements Matrix
- Declaration of Affected Party(ies) / Property Owners(s)
- Appeal form - Stellenbosch Municipal Land Use
- Information Sheet Telecommunication Infrastructure April 2016
- Conveyance Certificate Feb 2017 form
- Zoning Certificate Application Form
- Sworn Affidavit 2017
- Request for Exemption Form Subdivision and consolidation June 2017
- Stellenbosch Zoning Scheme Regulations
- Franschhoek Zoning Scheme Regulations
- Kayamandi Town Planning Regulations
- General Scheme Regulations adopted in terms of Section 8 of LUPO
- Advertising Procedure - Land Use Applications - Impact of Application
- Notice - Pre-consultation Meeting
- Stellenbosch Municipality Spatial Development Framework (SDF) - 31 May 2017
- Klapmuts SDF (2010)
- Koelenhof SDF (2008)
- Stellenbosch Conservation Guidelines (1997)
- Subdivision Policy for Stellenbosch Town Revised 2003 Decision