Stellenbosch Municipality Bursary Fund: Academic Year 2017
Stellenbosch Municipality budgeted for bursaries for learners residing in the Greater Stellenbosch municipal area (WC024). This is the Municipality’s contribution to the skills development process in the community. The Municipality wants to attract top performing learners and learners with potential to succeed in Higher Education Institutions (HEI) in the areas such as finance, economics, accounting, supply chain management, internal audit, risk management, infrastructure.
Requirements to qualify for a bursary:
- Registration must be at a Higher Education Institution (HEI);
- Proof of residence in the Greater Stellenbosch municipal area (WC024);
- Proof of a recently passed Senior Certificate (Grade 12) with results;
- Proof of registration at a registered educational institution (2017);
- Learners from the designated Employment Equity groups, particularly women, Blacks (African, Coloured, and Indian) and disabled persons will receive preference.
All applications must be accompanied by certified copies of students’ academic records.
Learners are invited to apply for the bursaries by submitting a detailed curriculum vitae and a certified copy of their Identity Document. Applications must be addressed and submitted to the Head: Skills Development, Human Resource Services, Municipal offices, 71 Plein Street, Ecclesia Building, Stellenbosch or can be posted to Stellenbosch Municipality, PO Box 17, Stellenbosch, 7599.
The closing date for applications is Monday, 26 June 2017 at 15h00.
Please note: Applications must be hand-delivered or posted and must reach Stellenbosch Municipality before or on the specified due date and time. Faxed and/or e-mailed applications will not be considered. Should there be no feedback received by or before 31 July 2017, applicants may assume that their applications have been unsuccessful. Stellenbosch Municipality is under no obligation to award a bursary to anyone.
For any queries, please feel free to contact Michelle Langeveldt on 021 8088997 or Jo-Ann Petersen on 021 8088058.